Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Modern twist on French Vintage

So, now that I have the bowties for Mr. Peanutbutter and my Man of Honor, I needed some ties for the other guys in the wedding. I wanted to keep up the vintage french vibe, but when I would google 'fleur de lis neck tie' I would get nothing but New Orleans Saints paraphenilia. Mr. Peanutbutter is very sensitive about looking like a boyscout or a Saints fan, so that option was out. I even tried to design my own on zazzle. That was a total flop, and a waste of 30 dollars.

Luckily, I found this great silk screen artist on Etsy who does amazing work on ties or scarves. She has this vintage french print (complete with fleur de lis) which she can put on a number of tie colors, and in just about any ink color you can imagine.
This is the one we chose - with black ink on khaki.

She has loads of other ties. Great ideas for birthdays, holidays, father's day, graduation, etc.
Photos courtesy of Toybreaker

No comments:

Post a Comment