Thursday, December 17, 2009

Personalized Christmas Gifts

Sometimes certain people are just really hard to shop for. Couple that with the need to find several Christmas gifts, and it can get damned frustrating. Especially, if you procrastinate with your shopping the way I do.

Luckily, I've come up with a fun and unique solution that always seems to please:
Personalized bottles of wine.
I've given these as gifts to friends for a few years now, and they are a big hit. Not to mention super easy to make. All you need is a bottle of wine and some blank decals to print your custom label. Simply remove the original label from the bottle with soap and warm water. I usually soak the bottles for 10-15 minutes and the labels come right off.

Some craft stores and wine shops sell these blank decals, but they can be expensive. I like to buy mine at Online Labels. They have a very large selection of labels for both inkjet and laser printers. Plus, when you order from them you get free access to their label software which takes all of the guess work out of designing and printing your labels.

I was recently asked by a friend of mine to create custom labels
for a case of wine which was going to be a Christmas gift for their relatives (their last name is Black). I incorporated a Christmas theme, and made labels for two different varieties: Chardonnay & Cabernet.
The crest is from Just Something I Made,
and I simply added in the Monogram and other details.
I think I may work on a custom beer next, for my hard-to-buy-for father.

What ideas do you have for custom gifts?

No comments:

Post a Comment