Friday, April 2, 2010

It's been absolutely gorgeous weather here, and do you think I've been outside enjoying it?

No.

Spring fever has me painting all over the house.

I guess all of this sunlight made me realize how drab and dreary the upstairs bathroom was. So, I gave it an overhaul and now it's bright & cheery. Not to mention I found a way to blend in the avocado green tub and toilet (for now).

Here are the before photos:
Ugh...check out that ugly tile color. We didn't have the budget (or time) to remove all of the tile and replace it. So, I talked to the guy at Sherwin Williams and he told me that (yes) you can paint ceramic tile. He sold me some special primer for the tile, and then I bought a high-gloss enamel to mimic the look of ceramic tile so that it wasn't so noticeable that it had been painted.

Let me present the after photos:
(sorry, the photos didn't turn out too well)



I'm very pleased with the way it turned out. I've even given the tiles a 'scratch' test and the paint stays on.

The wall color is from Restoration Hardware. I love the color, but if you decide to use their paint be sure to shake, shake, shake the can before painting. You might even take it to the paint department and ask them to shake it, because the paint really settles from sitting on the shelves at the store.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, they look brand, spankin' new--thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how it turned out.. followed your link from Beyond the picket fence ;-)
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete