Tuesday, February 24, 2009

And so it begins...



Hello world! I decided to create this blog to organize my ideas on crafts, work, life, and all of the other things that seem to keep my life chaotic.

I had another blog, but it didn't seem to keep my attention. So, hopefully this one will work.

Today I will talk about my latest obsession: Squidoo & Hubpages.

I found these sites thanks to my good friend R. who has a lens on Squidoo (Strungoutandwired)
and thought that I might be interested in making a lens myself. Interested? Let's call it what it is: ADDICTED! I love making lenses! You can write about whatever you want, whatever you're passionate about, DIY projects, you name it.

Why not just use a blog, you ask? Good question, and I had asked the same thing. A blog is a daily entry and any topic, whereas a lens is a whole page devoted to a certain topic. You can make multiple detailed pages about projects, etc., which is time-consuming on a blog. However, you can use your blog to link to your lens.....like this!

After finding Squidoo, I found Hubpages which is very similar. I like them both for different reasons: Squidoo has a more 'neighborhood' and personal feel. I like that on Squidoo I have more control over my content. Hubpages is very similar, but more restricted on content and html. However, I seem to get more traffic on hubpages and this is good for making money!

That's right, I said 'making money'! Squidoo and Hubpages allow you to advertise, and you can make a profit from people visiting your lenses/hubs.

Take a look around my hubs and my lenses!

No comments:

Post a Comment