Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Green with Indie


Ugh....I've been working my 'real' job for the last 3 nights (12 hour shifts each) and haven't had any time to work on art for my upcoming show 'Green with Indie'.

The purpose of the show is to highlight artists/crafters who use recycled elements in their art. THE SHOW IS IN 3 WEEKS!!!!! I have a lot of ideas, just little time and low energy. I'm hoping that with the next 4 days off, I can get back in touch with my muse and put some serious time in my studio.

These days, I'm working mostly with polymer clay. I've come up with some cool little wine bottle toppers using clay and recycled wine corks.



I'm also working on various 'jars' using recycled 1/2 gallon canning jars. I have a TON of these jars which my future mother-in-law has given me, and I need to get them out of my craft space. I have so many jars, and I can't decide which designs that I want to make the most of - so, I think I'm going to have to post a vote on my Etsy squidoo lens to get a consensus from the public about which ones are the best.

Other projects for the show include my recycled men's suit coat purses, as well as my usual cache of pendants, earrings and necklaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment