Monday, July 20, 2009

DIY Lavender Spheres

Bringing your garden inside........


Can you believe it's DIY time again?
Photo courtesy of Beyond a Garden.

I have a beautiful bounty of lavender in my yard this year and have been thinking of all of the ways that I can use it. I found this great DIY project making lavender spheres. Beyond a Garden has great instructions on her blog with lots of step-by-step photos.

Photo courtesy of Beyond a Garden

She has great ideas for displaying the orbs in baskets and glass vases, but I think I'm going to make a topiary. I'll keep the sphere on the dowel, and then place it in a small aged terra cotta pot using floral foam to keep the topiary upright. Then I'll dress the dowel by criss-crossing ribbon from the bottom of the dowel to the base of the ball, tying it in a nice bow. And finally, I'll dress up the pot with some spanish moss to cover up all of the foam. Yay.

I'll post photos this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment