Monday, September 7, 2009

Seed Packet Favors

Yes...more wedding DIY

Sometimes I wonder what I will do for blog content after the wedding. However, that thought lasts for, oh, a second or two and then I'm off to dreaming up another project. So, rest assured that there will be plenty of new projects and craft mania to clog up the blogosphere.

Since we were unable to make apple butter for some of the wedding favors, I decided to give out seed packets. Saying that we have an abundance of cockscomb is an understatement. Burpee's should call us to supply next year's catalog orders.

With that said, I have been drying out flowers and collecting the seeds. I made these handy seed packets to give out at the wedding. All of our bouquets and centerpieces will be made up of our cockscomb, so I thought it would be a nice momento. Plus, I don't think it's possible to kill these flowers - so, even our brown thumb friends can grow them!

I took one of my cockscomb photos and stylized it a bit, and then attached the prints to paper envelopes that I crafted out of scrap paper from the invitations.For those frugal gals out there like myself, this project is very affordable because I didn't have to buy anything extra to make them. Plus, it's a green gift and I'm always down with helping out ole Mother Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment