Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Green Floral Bouquets

Not green as in color, but green as in grown in my own yard.
In order to save money on the wedding, we decided to use flowers from our own garden for the bouquets and table settings.

Plus, I'm not really into buying flowers because they only last a little while and then they die. Call me a curmudgeon, but even though it's pretty it's money lost.

About 2 seasons ago, my mother-in-law to be gave us some Cockscomb from her own garden. These are beautiful flowers, and while they are annuals they self-seed and come back 3 fold the following year. This year, we let the flowers do their own thing and didn't thin them out as the seedlings started to take off. We now have a back yard full of cocks comb, which I'm going to use for the bouquets, boutonnieres, and table settings.

Since these flowers produce a ton of seeds, we're also going to make little envelopes and give them as favors.

No comments:

Post a Comment