Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Trash to Treasure: Vintage Hair Comb

I've taken more goodies from Mr. Peanutbutter's dumpster dive and made them into beautiful wedding accessories.

Remember this bejeweled piece?Well, I took it and made a vintage glittery hair comb.
TaDa!

I just used E600 craft glue to attach the back to my home-made comb, and after waiting 24 hours it was not going to come apart. I had tried using a plastic comb intitially, but that didn't work. So, I fashioned a comb out of some wire I had. The comb isn't really pretty, but it will be hidden by my hair - no big deal.

Now, I don't expect everyone to be able to make a wire comb and have their fiance chase after the families of the newly deseased to retrieve tossed out vintage goodies. SO, if you go to Etsy you can find some other ones similar to mine.From top, going left to right

Croska, Romancing the Bling, OhFaro, Belcanto

All photos courtesy of Etsy

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jelly!

    Just found that I'm featured here on your lovely blog, and in such fine company too. Thanks for the shout out!

    Cheers- Faro

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to find myself featured on your lovely blog, and in such fine company too. Thanks for the shout out!

    Cheers- Faro

    ReplyDelete