Friday, April 30, 2010

Sleepless nights

I was recently at Garden Ridge, which is a discount home and garden store of sorts. For those of you who aren't familiar with the store, they have tables scattered throughout full of stupid cheap stuff like fabric, scrubs, underwear, you-name-it. In fact, just the other day I spied a table full of discounted hard-back books. At first I thought they would be bad romances, and other dime-store types, but I recognized some titles as books that I had read and really liked. (i.e. Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrel)

The books were only $3.99, so I picked out a few that I thought sounded interesting - figuring that if they weren't great, at least they'd be entertaining.

My first read was Interred with Their Bones, a murder mystery built on lost Shakespearean plays. Um, I can't put it down. I've spent the last two nights reading until 2 or 3 in the morning. I'm no book critic, or even close to being an english lit major, but if you like a quasi-intelligent suspenseful read then this is a good pick.

1 comment:

  1. Garden Ridge gives me panic attacks. I think it's the diagonal design; it's disorienting and I always wind up really sad when I go there.

    But cheap books ... I've gone to worse places to get cheap books.

    ReplyDelete