Saturday, July 24, 2010

Zucchini Fever

As usual, the zucchini plant has exploded with fruit. Sadly, Mr. Peanutbutter doesn't like zucchini and there is way more that I can eat alone.Enter, zucchini bread.

This stuff is so addictive that I can't keep it in the house. I have to bake it and take it to work - unleashing it's crack-cocaine qualities on my co-workers. Who, I might add, are begging for the recipe.

So, it is with great caution that I give you ,Dear Blogosphere, my recipe for zucchini bread. May the force be with you.

(This recipe will make 2 loaves of bread. I find that one big zucchini will yield four loaves of bread.)

*3 eggs well beaten
*2 tsp vanilla extract
*2 cups sugar
*2 tsp cinnamon
*1cup veg. oil
*3 cups flour
*1 tsp baking soda
*1/4 tsp baking powder
*1 tsp salt
*2 cups grated zucchini

Add eggs, vanilla, sugar, cinnamon and oil. Then add flour, soda, powder, and salt. Mix well. Lastly add the zucchini. Mix well.
Place mixture in 2 greased bread pans, bake at 325 degrees for 60 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment