Friday, July 22, 2011

Banner Days

I just finished up another fun project for my friend's wedding next week in Wyoming. She wanted some fabric pennant banners to hang at the reception, and of course I couldn't say no.

These banners are really easy to make, and if you have zero sewing skills you can glue them at the top instead of sewing them.

For this banner I made a 9 inch long x 7 inch wide (at the top) triangle pattern, and cut each piece of fabric on the fold with a pair of pinking shears. I then folded over the top and sewed a pocket for the twine to run through. After they were all sewn, I simply ran my twine through until I had a nice long banner. For the Just Married banner, I printed the words off on my home ink-jet printer using iron-on transfer paper. And....voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment